Watching for the LORD’s Return
And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world? Matthew 24:3 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. 1 Thessalonians 5:6
Before getting into the subject of watching for the LORD’s return, we have to understand that we are a chosen people to be born just for this generation to witness towards what is to come that all generations in the past did not have the chance. Realize that we are NOW living in the Book of Revelation and it is going to play out just before your eyes! Since the verse above is about the signs of GOD’s coming and the end of the world. Below are a list of signs based on the bible that we are truly living in the end times. 23 verses of signs that we are in the End Times:
- But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not. 2 Peter 2:1-3
- Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 2 Timothy 3:3
- For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. Matthew 24:7
- This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2 Timothy 3:1
- And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. Matthew 24:6
- And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. Matthew 24:12
- Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 2 Timothy 3:5
- And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 2 Timothy 4:4
- For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: 2 Peter 3:5-6
- Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: 1 Timothy 4:3-4
- For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. 1 Thessalonians 5:3
- And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it. Zechariah 12:3
- But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased. Daniel 12:4
- But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn. Matthew 13:25-30
- And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. Matthew 24:11
- Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. Luke 21:26
- For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Matthew 24:24
- Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 2 Timothy 3:4
- And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. Matthew 24:14
- Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name’s sake. Matthew 24:9
- And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. Luke 21:25-26
- For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 2 Timothy 3:2
- Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. 2 Peter 3:3-4
All of these end times signs like earthquakes and famines are just the beginning of sorrows. It would be much worse at times during tribulation/great tribulation for those who will be left behind after the rapture. I could not imagine exactly how that time is going to be, but it will be very dark, darker than now. But the world now is already very dark and very evil in many corners of this world. Imagine how it means to be darker times during the left behind period. It would be like as though living through horror movies everyday, a reality experience and not a dream.
All these are but the beginning of the birth pains. Matthew 24:8
Why do we as the bride of CHRIST need to watch for the LORD’s return? This is because of the rapture for the bride of CHRIST that is about to happen, any moment after certain events such as the 3 days of darkness and harvest; for we must know that we are NOW living in the season of being extremely close to the LORD’s return. The signs of the end times are just before your very eyes repeatedly. Due to we cannot know when will HE come, we must always ready our hearts and prepare for HIS return because GOD is only going to come back for HIS pure bride and those the pure of hearts (e.g. babies and children that are before the stage of accountability) are going to be raptured to Heaven, not the harlot church who is NOT staying under the perfect will of GOD at all times. If your church does not talk about the End Times at all–leave! Find a church that talks about the End Times because a church that does not talk about it is either lukewarm or that the pastor have “fear” to talk about it to the rest of his congregation because it may cause the members of the church to leave, one of the reason maybe because they do not believe that they are living in the End Times, having a spiritual blindness over them, unwilling to step out of their comfort zone and accept the truth simply through observing the signs of the End Times that confirms the time we are truly living in. Even for those non-believers, there are people who can also feel the change of time and the presence of the End Times, the nearing of apocalypse…destruction of the world.
But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. Matthew 24:36
It says no man knows the day and the hour, so what about the month and the year? As linked on those two words are to the original language Greek’s definition. In what I believe, my view is that the exact date no one knows but Father GOD only. But it is obvious that we are now in the season of HIS coming. Setting a certain date can be a big disappointment and a faith let-down when GOD did not come on that expected date. We should NOT set a date that GOD is going to return at a certain time. Repent for date setting of HIS return, if you have done so. Would HE come today? It could be and could be not today; we should not be so definite on a certain day for the verse said only Father GOD knows. So how am I going to watch for the LORD’s return? We should always watch for Israel because it is GOD’s timepiece. Read news about Israel, one of the way is to read “The Jerusalem Post” often.
When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt. Hosea 11:1 The Lord did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people: But because the Lord loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the Lord brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt. Know therefore that the Lord thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations; Deuteronomy 7:7-9
Attacking against the nation of Israel would stir up the wrath of GOD. Therefore, be watchful for news like this.
And it shall come to pass at the same time when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord God, that my fury shall come up in my face. Ezekiel 38:18
GOD goes by markers and events that would signify HIS return. Again, it is very important to always stay ready and awake because we do not know exactly when will GOD come back to rapture HIS bride. If GOD comes today, is your heart ready for HIM to take you?
For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. 1 Thessalonians 5:2
If you haven’t accepted CHRIST as your one and only true LORD and SAVIOR, it is strongly recommended that you are to accept HIM this moment now, because the next moment of breathe is not a guarantee. Realize that it is the final hour, the last hour, that final moment so near to the end of the race of this narrow path towards our true home, the Kingdom of Heaven. Every second passes by, the closer it is to our LORD’s return. The bride anxiously awaits for her bridegroom’s return. She excitedly anticipates…and each day she gives her all to prepare for HIS return, busy preparing for her soon to come wedding…and only seeks HIS favor and none other. She does not have any cravings for the things of the world, all she cares is about GOD, her beloved bridegroom as her only center focus. She is in utter obsession with her bridegroom and would give up her life without thinking twice. She hungers for that “midnight shout” from her bridegroom, every moment waiting for the very soon departure out of this hotel earth she doesn’t belong to, then to the arrival at the Kingdom of Heaven where she steps into eternity full of blessings, escaping away from the tribulation/great tribulation coming where there would be sufferings upon sufferings. Her bridegroom means everything to her and she would never give up pursuing HIM. She runs after the heart of GOD with all her heart and might day and night, she reads and listens to every prophecy, dream and vision as much as possible just to get clues about HIS coming. She hungers and thirsts not only for righteousness and the truth, but also to see her bridegroom’s face, HIS glorious presence and being together with HIM one day.
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6
Yes, it could be exciting to just think about the coming glory of GOD and the rapturing to Heaven. But do not be completely focused in the rapture–we need to focus in the relationship with GOD, and the purification process we are going through everyday. Yes, we are to watch for the LORD’s return. We do not just do nothing and wait for the rapture to occur. The rapture is an event, but what is more important is to focus what goes before this, that is to focus in our daily complete repentance, surrender towards GOD and relationship with HIM. It is not good to live in the future while not living in the present.
For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. 2 Corinthians 11:2
The bride of CHRIST to you may sound as though it is representing females, for what I believe, a true follower of CHRIST who is a male can also be called as the bride of CHRIST. Although after the rapture, the true followers of CHRIST during tribulation/great tribulation who are to be left behind would not be called the bride of CHRIST, but saints and could be martyrs because the bride of CHRIST is the one who gets to be raptured alive without experiencing death. The bride are a remnant, there are many in the darkness in this world. Bride of CHRIST, shine your lights! Shine your light everywhere you go so that those lost sheep who are in darkness can see the light and come to you for the way back home to Heaven. You know the pathway. Do not hide the lights because the lights are to shine. Be the light of the world!
Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest. Luke 10:2
There are more signs to be explained:
- The sign of Jonah
- 4 coming blood moons
- The coming 3 days of darkness
And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: Genesis 1:14 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven. Luke 21:11
The sign of Jonah
But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas: For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. Matthew 12:39-40
The sign of Jonah has appeared. On October 16th, 2013–Jonah (the moon that represents him) enters the fish (Pisces) where it remains in the belly of the fish for 3 days until October 18th, 2013. On Around October 19th, 2013–the moon went into Aries, the ram. Please click on the linked words for further reading of the imagery depicting these occurrences. From October 19th to November 28th is exactly 40 days! Below the verse said how Jonah has given Nineveh a 40 days warning before destruction would come. Repent or perish!
And Jonah began to enter into the city a day’s journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown. Jonah 3:4 But let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and cry mightily unto God: yea, let them turn every one from his evil way, and from the violence that is in their hands. Who can tell if God will turn and repent, and turn away from his fierce anger, that we perish not? Jonah 3:8-9
There was something happened around November 28th (Hanukkah, Thanksgiving), that was Comet ISON. The link will direct you to see a video-like picture showing you how it orbited around the sun. We can see the sign of Jonah as a sign of warning to humanity. A warning to call humanity into repentance lest they perish! I-SON where “I” when denoted may be seen as “The Great I AM” and where “SON” when denoted may be seen as “The Son of GOD”. It could mean that The Great I AM; the Son of GOD is coming to give a warning of mercy to us. Comet ISON have appeared in this generation, in the last days do signify that GOD is coming soon as the biblical prophecies are continuously fulfilled time and time again such as this event–The Sign of Jonah.
And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. Exodus 3:14 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. 1 John 4:15
The word “Ison” in Hebrew means “DISASTER”! You can go to Google Translate, select to translate from Hebrew to English. Type in “ison”, below it asks you “Do you mean…”, click that Hebrew word link. It comes as “אסון” and it would translate in English as “DISASTER”. Disaster is surely coming upon this evil generation… There is a pattern from the bible. JESUS CHRIST (YAHUSHUA) was buried for 3 days and 40 days from resurrection to ascension.
and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 1 Corinthians 15:4 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God: Acts 1:3 Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets. Amos 3:7
4 coming blood moons
The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come: Acts 2:20
The 4 coming blood moons happen on biblical holidays. The first blood moon this year 2014 would be on Passover (April 15th), second one this year would be on Sukkot (October 8th), the third one next year 2015 would be on Passover (April 4th) and the fourth one next year would be on Sukkot (September 28th). The blood moons are the big events/markers that signify the LORD’s return. Please have your further reading HERE. The linked article talks about that the coming blood moon this month coincides with the exact hours of the crucifixion of CHRIST. The picture HERE shows us that the most visible area would be around the United States zone, that it is especially for them! Of course, it is also for worldwide viewing. There is surely a spiritual decline in America. Many have rejected CHRIST.
The coming 3 days of darkness
And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; Revelation 6:12 And the Lord said unto Moses, Stretch out thine hand toward heaven, that there may be darkness over the land of Egypt, even darkness which may be felt. And Moses stretched forth his hand toward heaven; and there was a thick darkness in all the land of Egypt three days: They saw not one another, neither rose any from his place for three days: but all the children of Israel had light in their dwellings. Exodus 10:21-23
There will be a 3 days of darkness coming up very soon–could be any moment now with the 3 days of warning then 3 days of darkness. An earth shaking will happen and then the descending of the darkness. Those who are not in the light in a spiritual sense and consistently watchful for the signs of the LORD’s return may most probably be caught surprised, even arise great fear within them. They might think that it would be the end of the world and the sun will never give its lights again. When JESUS CHRIST (YAHUSHUA) died on the cross, HE gave up the spirit and there was an earth quaking. Then HE was buried in the tomb for 3 days (1 Corinthians 15:4, Matthew 27:57-61). This is a pattern of the coming event that is going to mimic the biblical patterns of the past.
Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many. Matthew 27:50-53
Everyone worldwide, including those sleeping lukewarm churches will be given an opportunity during the 3 days of darkness to receive YAHUSHUA as their LORD and SAVIOR, repent of their sins, say their sorry before GOD and ask for forgiveness, as there will be a revealing of one’s heart condition like a life review. While the bride will be transformed with the infusion of the HOLY SPIRIT fully protected to be ready for the last great harvest after the 3 days of darkness. Rapture will happen after the great soul harvest. By then those who will be raptured will have their glorified bodies.
And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? Matthew 27:46
As the bride of CHRIST, we sometimes may have moment(s) like that when we feel forsaken by GOD, while waiting for HIS return. Although, we need to be strong in GOD, having that blind faith, knowing that GOD is with you. Before the 3 days of darkness, there will be a cosmic disturbance noticeable worldwide. This is a worldwide sign that GOD is coming very soon. Once darkness descends, the veil would be torn off which means those people of the physical realm will be able to see the spiritual realm. We must close all our doors, windows, blinders and stay at home to be safe. Then keep praying to GOD, do not look out to the darkness like Lot’s wife, where destruction came upon her. Pray to HIM for divine protection. The bride of CHRIST will have lights in their dwelling while darkness would be roaming outside and divine protection from the angels. Here is another pattern about the lights.
They saw not one another, neither rose any from his place for three days: but all the children of Israel had light in their dwellings. Exodus 10:23
The bride are covered in the blood of the lamb, just as in the old days where the children of Israel had blood on their door posts when the angel of death passes by and they were safe.
For the LORD will pass through the land to strike down the Egyptians. But when he sees the blood on the top and sides of the doorframe, the LORD will pass over your home. He will not permit his death angel to enter your house and strike you down. Exodus 12:23
We as the bride are not in darkness, but of the day in a literal sense. When the LORD returns, it wouldn’t be much of a surprise like a thief in the night, for we are the children of the light. We do not belong to the night nor to the darkness. Therefore, during the 3 days of darkness, the bride will be taken to the light and not the darkness.
But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. 1 Thessalonians 5:4-5
Jonah was in the belly of the whale for 3 days. There were darkness in the belly of the whale and that relates to the 3 days of darkness. He was lukewarm because he was not preaching unto the city of Nineveh and ran away from the LORD. This 3 days of darkness is for the lukewarm, and the lost sinners to be reconciled back to GOD.
Now the word of the Lord came unto Jonah the son of Amittai, saying, Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and cry against it; for their wickedness is come up before me. But Jonah rose up to flee unto Tarshish from the presence of the Lord, and went down to Joppa; and he found a ship going to Tarshish: so he paid the fare thereof, and went down into it, to go with them unto Tarshish from the presence of the Lord. Jonah 1:1-3 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. Matthew 12:40
Jonah was thrown off to the sea, and he could have drowned himself to death, but GOD had rescued Jonah through a great fish HE have provided that has saved Jonah’s life (Jonah 2). Eventually Jonah got reconciled back to GOD, as he repented.
Remember there is a 40 day pattern after 3.
To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God: Acts 1:3
Here is a comfort for the bride–GOD is already here, HE lives within us and HE is around us everywhere we go.
Sorry for any confusion previously, there will be a first call which is NOT the rapture, but it’s about transforming to an incorruptible body of the early bride of CHRIST and only ONE rapture of the bride of CHRIST which is after the great harvest event ever in history. My speculation about the reason behind this is because the early brides are a partial group, they do not make up the whole picture of the bride of CHRIST, only by the combination of the early brides along with the new brides, who will be fully reconciled to GOD after the first call would make up the bride of CHRIST.
- King James Version Bible
- English Standard Version Bible
- New Living Translation Bible
- Susan Davis. (2009). End Times Prophecy. Available: http://end-times-prophecy.com/. Last accessed 12th Apr 2014.
- Mary Beth. (2013). Available: http://mbj8388.wordpress.com/. Last accessed 12th Apr 2014.
- John Baptist. (2014). The Bridegroom is Delayed. Available: http://www.tribulation-now.org/2014/04/05/the-bridegroom-is-delayed/. Last accessed 12th Apr 2014.
- Steve Fletcher. (2013). THE SIGN OF JONAH HAS APPEARED! AND ITS EXACTLY 4O DAYS UNTIL COMET ISON ARRIVES!!! . Available: http://2fletchdr222.blogspot.com.au/2013/10/the-sign-of-jonah-has-appeared-and-its.html. Last accessed 12th Apr 2014.
- Kathleen Hiler. (2013). End-time warnings: Is Jonah and the whale the final warning?. Available: http://www.examiner.com/article/end-time-warnings-is-jonah-and-the-whale-the-final-warning. Last accessed 19th Apr 2014.
- Alf & Julie Saunders. (2013). The Coming Blood Moons. Available: http://www.pray4zion.org/TheComingBloodMoons.html. Last accessed 12th Apr 2014.
- Bonnie. (2013). Seek Solace in Me . Available: http://newbon-bonsblog.blogspot.com.au/2013/11/seek-solace-in-me.html. Last accessed 12th Apr 2014.
- Mary Beth. (2014). Patterns of 3 Days Darkness, Earthquake Before or After Darkness 2014. [Online Video]. 09 March. Available from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nLW79eBE4I&feature=player_embedded. [Accessed: 12 April 2014].
- Jack Zavada. (1999). Jonah and the Whale – Bible Story Summary. Available: http://christianity.about.com/od/biblestorysummaries/a/Jonah-And-The-Whale.htm. Last accessed 13th Apr 2014.